Saturday, January 18, 2014

Various exciting things!

Christmas presents for me!  Mwahahaha!  Rachel wins the prize!


<clap clap clap clap clap>  Each and every one of these films are stunning works of art!  I'm  so happy to add them to my growing collection of stop-motion classics!

And here is my gorgeous t-shirt from Rachel!


My sweetie really out-did herself on this one!  It was created with freezer paper and bleach.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this.  What can I say, I'm a spoiled little husband.:)

Moving on...

One week ago, I had an opportunity to share my love of stop-motion with the local art club!  Rachel and I managed to pack 10 people in our tiny living room for our January meeting. For about an hour, I explained different styles and uses of stop motion, materials and techniques, and showed a bunch of different video clips.  I brought home 2 small sets with props and puppets, and did a brief demonstration of the process.  It really was fun showing my films, and cool to see how much I've advanced over two years!  Rachel was the perfect hostess, and had snacks and drinks ready  to serve.  It was a lovely afternoon.  I'm kicking myself for not taking any photos!  On Monday, I received a very sweet email from our club president, Sue Dowse:

"Your program was so informative. I enjoyed every minute and have a new appreciation of what it takes to produce a piece.  Your wry and warped sense of humor comes across in a way I thoroughly enjoy."

Moving on...

For those of you who don't know, the folks at Stop Motion Pro software company advertised a contest in their December e-newsletter:


I sent them a link to my video Sassy's Perfect Pet, which they shared with the other entries on their Google+ page!  Last week, I received an email saying they picked my animation as the winner!  They asked me to write a little article about myself and share some photos!  I will be sure to post a link to it when it's online!   I'm so excited about this, it's really great exposure of my work!   Here is a link to to all the entries.

In a few weeks, I will post about my latest creations!  I have a very big project planned for this year!  Can't wait to tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment